Tuesday 8 October 2013

Learning Task (LT) : Shot Reverse Shot : Pulp Fiction

I already had the idea of Shot, Reverse Shot was self -explanatory. You shoot something and when editing you face someone else and go back to the same thing with the same shot. After seeing some movies I could see how much it was used in the industry and knew it was an important aspect of shooting even if I hadn't noticed.

Definition: The process of switching the camera from facing one person to facing the other opposite which is behind the camera, usually used for dialogue.

Afterwards, we were asked to  recreate a 'Pulp Fiction' scene. I had never seen 'Pulp Fiction' unlike my friends so I felt as if the classmates knew the film better and knew how to recreate it better than I did. We had only been given a script, shot lists and a storyboard to help us film the scenes


The link shows my 'Pulp Fiction' recreation and how unorganised the shots were. After watching it, it was like it was all over the place and quite annoying because we go from shot after shot after shot. Of course, Match on Action was a definite problem and now I see how complicated the use of both techniques can be.



Then we watched the opening scene which we had to recreate and the aim was Shot, Reverse Shot. So we found the concept in this film and this is how it looked:








Watch the scene from 1:33 - 1:37 which will illustrate the Shot, Reverse Shot and watch from 0:00 - 1:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment